Sunday, May 22, 2016

Mission Statement

First and foremost, I am a writer.
Not a journalist, a writer. 
Over the course of the last few years, I have been writing for local publications in the Roseville (Roseville Press Tribune 1, 23, 45) and Sacramento (ThreatCon Nation 1, 23) area, and have come across some recent challenges. The main one being that there are stories I want to tell that won't have a place in the publications I have come to be familiar with. Not that that is a bad thing, it's just I have something I want to get across, and this medium would be the most conducive for that. 
Back to that first statement, though. 
I believe the term journalist is reserved for people who write and talk about news, current events, and other issues on a level I simply do not do. Its not that I don't want to, I just don't feel like I would be any good at it. That's why I like writing about music, people, happenings, comings and goings, and stuff like that. I want to tell a story, convey feelings, and make whoever reads what I write feel and see from my perspective. I want to write about what I know, and these things are what I know about the best.
Does that make sense?
I hope it does, because this is going to be the place where I will convey these desires, ramblings, images, and sounds. I hope I can do that well, and I hope you enjoy figuring it all out with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment